Welcome to Sir Theagaraya College
Pitty Theagaraya Chetty Senior and Sir Pitty Theagaraya Chetty Junior have donated and formed the Institutions during the year 1917, when their properties partitioned amongest themselves, they have set apart a portion of their property for Educational purposes. Sir Theagaraya College is situated in the property donated by senior Pitty Theagaraya Chetty and Junior Sir Pitty Theagaraya Chetty.
They have appointed PT. Chengalvaraya Chetty and Rao Bahadhur, PT. Kumaraswamy Chetty as trustees to manage the properties. They are the two people who were responsible for forming the first Board of trustees in the year 1937.